Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't have anything to wear, despite having a closet full of clothes? Does it take you forever to find what you are looking for due to too many clothes? If your answer is yes, then it might be high time to finally reboot your wardrobe.
According to the statistics, an average woman wears only as much as 20% of her wardrobe - the other 80% are clothes that don't fit anymore, but to which we are too emotionally attached to throw away. These can be clothes that are no longer in style or clothing that we bought in the heat of a moment and couldn't return after - for example, a t-shirt that you put a design on while you had a phase for using shirt printers.
The autumn season is the perfect time to clean out your wardrobe to make space for some new finds that will fit better and that you won't regret buying (hopefully). To make it easier for you, here are some tips that will help you make that happen.

Tip #1: Use a Capsule Wardrobe

Have you ever heard the term 'capsule wardrobe'? If not, don't worry and let us explain. A capsule wardrobe is basically a collective of clothes that you can mix and match so that you are able to create several outfits. A capsule wardrobe is usually worn for three months, and once those are up, you update it for the next season.
By using a capsule wardrobe, you can save money, as it limits your shopping - it's very easy to get carried away with so many beautiful clothes in stores, but with a capsule wardrobe, you shop for a new piece of clothing when the one you own is either worn out or just doesn't fit anymore.
Here are some tips regarding a capsule wardrobe:
  • null
  • null
  • null

Tip #2: Clean Out Your Closet

As we already mentioned in the beginning, the average woman wears around 1/5 of what she actually has in her closet, which is why if you want to reboot yours, you should clean out the clothes you have and don't wear.

Get Rid of the Clothing You Haven't Worn In a Year or More

If you haven't worn a piece of clothing in the past year, the chances are that you are never going to wear it - especially if it isn't in the best condition. The same goes for duplicates - instead of having ten pairs of black skinny jeans that you don't even wear that often, just keep your favorite one.
Throw them away or repurpose them - for example, many t-shirts can be cut and used as cleaning rags. And if they are in good condition? Well, we'll focus on it a bit later.
Only keep the clothes that you love wearing - you will see how much easier it will be to get ready in the morning with your wardrobe filled only with your favorite clothing. What's more, dressing in things that we love gives us more confidence.

What To Do With Clothes In Good Condition?

If you have clothing that is still in good condition, you can donate it to your local charity or thrift shop - you don't need them anymore, and they can be of real help to those who do.
If, for example, you have clothes, accessories, or shoes that you bought on impulse and never had the time to return, you can always sell them on sites such as Poshmark or eBay. Not only will you be emptying your closet, but you will also earn some money while doing so.

What About Seasonal Clothing?

There's a saying that you probably heard somewhere already - 'out of sight, out of mind.' The truth is that the fewer clothes you have in your closet, the fewer options you have, which makes the process of picking out an outfit a lot easier and quicker. This is exactly why your closet should only contain clothes destined for the current season. What about the others?
Well, to store the rest of the clothes, you can use storage bins or crates with lids - place them under your bed or somewhere deep in your closet so they wouldn't be a sour sight for the eye.

Final Words

Every wardrobe needs a reboot every once in a while - we don't even notice how many clothes we buy or just come into possession of until closing the wardrobe doors becomes mission impossible.
Plus, cleaning out your closet is actually a great way of earning money - especially if you are unemployed or a teenager who doesn't have a job yet - as well as helping others. After all, the clothes you don't wear anymore can be donated to the local charity, so that they reach those who need them.
Besides, you also gain space to buy more clothes - may be some that will fit better, or suit your current style more. As we know, the person's style changes as the years go by, so maybe now is the perfect time to update your closet just like you updated your style? Think about it.


Clara Rose